Table of Contents
Social Network Service (SNS)
A social network service (in English Social Networking Services, SNS ) is a social medium that allows you to connect with other people through a web platform. It is made up of teams, servers, programs, drivers, transmitters, receivers, and above all, people who share a relationship, mainly friendships. Likewise, These have common interests and activities or get interest in exploring interests and activities from other users.
Social networks use to communicate with groups of people from different countries without the conventional limitations of email or phone calls and Videoconferencing. Likewise, some services allow group conversations. They do not grant time, space, or certain tools provided by social network services.
Social networking services are frequently accessed through advanced computers, tablets, and cell phones, among other smart devices.
SNS are online administrations that permit you to assemble an open or semi-open client inside a restrict framework and to verbalize a rundown of different clients with whom an association shares.
View and browse your list of establishing connections and those made by other users within the same system. In short, Social networks allow us to meet people from other countries or our same state.
Similarly, Social networks are mostly used to communicate with groups of people from different countries without the conventional limitations of email or phone calls and video calls.
Moreover, some services allow group conversations. They do not grant them time, space, on the other hand, certain tools that social network services have.
Firstly Social networking services are frequently accessed through advanced computers, tablets, and cell phones, among other smart devices. Secondly social networking services require the user to create an account and a user profile to access the services offered even though. Therefore, Most networks incorporate the option to upload personal profile images such as drawings or photos of themselves. Certain networks are characterized by assigning an avatar to each user, which can be modified by him at will and within certain limits.
Social Networking Services (SNS) can be Classify into Two Broad Categories:
- Internal and private social networks (ISN): They consist of a group of people within a company, association, society, education, and organization.
- External social networks : (ESN): An open network available to web users to communicate, designed to attract advertisers. However, Users often take on the role of “friends” even without prior friendship with other users.
In most social network services, upon request or invitation to establish “virtual” contact. Likewise, users must confirm that they are friends or accept the connection; however, after which they will be linked. Social networks generally have privacy controls that allow the user to choose who can see their profile or contact them, among other functions. Many social networking sites incorporate a function of favorites or “likes” (‘I like’ in English) to indicate the rating of the content shared by each user.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Social Network Service (SNS)
- Brand strengthening for those companies actively presents on social networks.
- Facilitates communication between companies and customers.
- You can do school activities as a team. certainly, if the members are in different places.
- It can be used to maintain communication with family and friends who are far away at a
- low cost.
- Interaction with people from different cities, states, and even allover countries.
- Sending various files (photographs, documents, etc.)
- Reencounter with known people.
- Social networks allow participatory mobilization in politics.
- Discussion and debate forums.
- Enables collaborative learning.
- In commercial networks, it makes it easier to publicize products.
- They are of great help to police corporations in the investigation of a crime or crime.
Disadvantages of Social Network Service (SNS)
- Privacy is a topic of discussion in many areas.
- Any unknown and dangerous person can have access to personal information, violating accounts, and becoming vulnerable to various dangers.
- It takes away from interacting with people from the same environment, which can lead to isolation from family, friends, etc.
- To enter a social network, you can lie about age.
- To create an account, it is necessary to be at least 13 years old, although there are still no effective systems to confirm or deny the age.
- Ability to create multiple accounts with false names.
- It creates the possibility of becoming dependent on it.
- There is a large percentage of people who do not yet have computer equipment, internet or electricity; therefore, they can exclude from this service.
- Interpersonal relationships become less entrench.
- It generates an information overload that is difficult to counter.
- It fosters a departure from reality itself, avoiding living in the here and now, and avoiding favoring an introspection for personal growth.
- Contact with potentially dangerous people.
- About companies, mistakes are exposes to everyone.
- There is a risk of creating false company profiles on social networks, discrediting the products and brand.