Hacker infiltration of a company’s infrastructure can result in costly data breaches and system failures. Peace of mind for business owners comes from knowing that their systems are secure. However, this isn’t always an easy thing to do – there are several ways hackers can infiltrate a company’s infrastructure.
That’s why you need a penetration testing service provider to walk you through this process and help you identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities. But what exactly are hacker entry points? And how can you effectively eliminate them from your systems? You’ll want to know about securing your systems and hacker entry points!
What is a hacker entry Point?
A hacker entry point is a point of entry into a company’s IT infrastructure. It could also be a means of gaining access to the company’s data or assets. Hackers achieve entry through remote attacks or social engineering tactics such as phishing emails. They target weak points in the network infrastructure to gain access and spread malware within the network. Some of these points of entry include:
- Weak passwords
- Unpatched software
- Open ports on the firewall
- Outdated antivirus software
- Vulnerable servers
- Unprotected IoT devices and web applications
How to eliminate hacker entry points.
Business owners should regularly evaluate their IT infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities that hackers could exploit. This is referred to as penetration testing. These tests can help you determine vulnerabilities in your IT systems and identify possible access points that hackers can use to gain access to the systems. The testers will then create a list of recommendations to help strengthen the security and prevent future attacks.
Your penetration testing service provider will then recommend how to plug the holes identified during the testing process. They will also provide customized security solutions to meet your needs and keep your company secure.
Penetration testing services
Pen testing companies offer various services that can help you strengthen your system’s security and reduce its vulnerability to hacking attempts. This includes internal and external pen testing and can cover all aspects of your system, including firewalls, networks, servers, and databases.
Some of the common penetration testing services include:
- Network penetration testing services
- Cloud penetration testing services
- Web application penetration services
- Mobile penetration testing services
- IoT testing
- Social engineering services
- Red teaming
- Firewall security testing services
What to look for before hiring a pen testing vendor
Here’s what you should look for when hiring a penetration testing company:
- Experience – The vendor should have experience in the IT security industry and proven success in providing practical solutions to clients.
- Communication – You should choose a company that offers clear and effective communication throughout the project. They should explain every step of the process and answer any questions you may have.
- Flexible service options – Some pen testing companies offer fixed-price and time-based pricing. Choosing a company that offers a flexible service option that meets your needs and budget is essential.
As a business owner, it’s essential to make sure that your company’s infrastructure is secure. Hiring a reputable penetration testing company is the best way to keep your systems safe and reduce the risk of data breaches and other malicious attacks. Protect your business today!